UPDATE: SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED – VOTE HERE: https://thecaryreport.com/cary-poetry-contest-vote-here
Attention all local poets!
The Cary Report is running its first-ever poetry contest!
The theme for this contest will be change. Perfect for autumn!
The winner gets bragging rights, their poem published on The Cary Report’s website, and a featured article profiling them!
Here are the rules:
- You must live in Cary (future contests will expand to the surrounding area; stay tuned!)
- All poems must be at least three lines, not exceed 25 lines, and be no more than 55 characters per line (title does not count as a line).
- All poems must have to do with the theme of the contest (change).
- All poems must be submitted no later than Saturday, October 21st at 11:59 PM.
- Only one poem per person.
Initial voting will begin on Sunday, October 22nd. The first round of voting will end on Saturday, October 28th.
The top 3 poems will then be voted on from Monday, October 30th to Friday, November 3rd. The winner will be announced on Saturday, November 4th.
Ready to put your poetic skills to the test? Enter by filling out the form below!